Sunday, October 5, 2008

What a smooth day

This day really passed along smoothly. As soon as the sun poked out and the overcasty nature of the day went away, I knew we were in for a good one. There was some excitement, as the tea tasting room filled up at about 2:30 right as I was about to take the first bite of my sandwhich! We want it to be busy, always, especially during the economic hard time we are in.

It has been a pleasure working alongside Robert. We have our ups and downs but ultimately he knows what he's talking about. He's fascinated by tea and immerses himself into Michael Harney's Guide to Tea whenever he can. I'm fascinated by tea but equally fascinated by people. I guess that's what makes us different.

James Ferris from Great Barrington came in with his friends. He is such a joy to be around. This man has the same spry, youthful and jubilant spirit that I have. Whenever I'm around him I can't help but smile and laugh. We then proceed to talk about how our lives are unfolding over a pot of Japanese Sencha. He always comes away with a fat brick of Sencha. He tends to his bees, so he is all about honey and Sencha.

Honey and sencha can make one live for one hundred and fifty years, no less.

No comments: