Friday, June 27, 2008

Flyin' Fridays

Four women from Tri-arts came to visit me in the tea tasting room. Denise comes in and takes notes.

By the end of our stay here we will have tried all of the teas, with reviews and a star rating system.

Sounds cool, makes sense my dear...

I can't believe you're making Yerba Mate and peppermint available to the public, I'm not sure if I'm offended or what...

But the rest of the public need to know what it's like to have a groovy-feelin' soul.

Well... OK.

I met Whitney. She's part of the tri-arts taster-oma crew. They're fun. Whenever they come in, I ask them if they want to be a part of the moment...

So corny, so existential, maybe spiritual? I don't know, but it's funny...

I like to think that I have control of the moment. The universal moment starts with the pouring of the tea from that beautiful glass tea pot... Gratitude, it's nice to work at a place where I can get zooted on tea and talk to unique individuals.

There's a special today, some sort of a fish taco. Smells exquisite from the front at the cash register.

Ari and I were dabbling into the concept of whether it's better off to be stupid and unaware, or to be super-sensitive and conscious of "something"...

Over a pot of a full leaf Assam tea (Meleng estate) we were able to just be grateful for this sense of conscious development.

I'm not too sure what goes on with life... I do know that my heart beats about eight-five thousand times in a day... so there are miracles occurring everywhere, all of the time. Do we overlook this? Sure we do. But that's okay, as long as we can come back to that sense of gratitude.

We're on the path my friends... surely this involves a little tea drinking as well. Once one starts becoming sensitive and in tune with it all, it gets more challenging and the rewards are more plentiful.

What can I say... consciousness is progressive. Once you've turned the switch on just a little bit, you realize that there really isn't a choice. You just want truth, you want to see directly. You just want to see life as it is, nothing more and nothing less. You can't just turn the switch off, you can think that you can but this ain't possible...

No comments: