Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday

My friend Hannah came by to have tea with me. It was really nice because we were able to meet the Chinese man who works at the register for Golden Wok. He and the chef normally pass by in front of the tea store within five minutes of each other or at the same time. The cash register guy had some Meleng broken leaf tea. This is an Assam tea from Northern India with golden tips and its cut is broken leaf. Sweet, malty, and definitely heavy. We all hit one anothers' cup and said cheers. I asked him how his wife was doing and he bashfully said she was good. I asked him where my wife was? He shook his head and said where are your girlfriends? You have girlfriend? I said I don't know what I got.

Steve and his friend came by to visit me at the tea store. He's a good friend of mine from way back and we share the common thread of being Jew brothers. More than that we just get along really well and it's always so nice to have him visiting me. We definitely had some Yerba Mate and peppermint leaves. That's the best mix to hit the market. One would frown upon this because it's not a "tea", but whatever it is, it feels really good drinking a couple of pots amongst friends.

Eric and Deidra stopped by. Eric has been someone that I've had tea with many times at the tasting room. His friend Deidra has come the last couple of times. I was showing them how proud I was of my nails. I have officially stopped biting my nails. She was telling me how I was doing such a great job not touching my nails anymore. I felt such a sense of liberation being able to look at my nails and seeing those whites shinin'. I had some Yerba with them as well. We had it coined as the Love tea while Liz was here visiting with us.

The young ones came in, Devan and Philip. They had a double infusion of Yerba and peppermint with me. We were feeling great, they're just about be be done with school. Tomorrow is their last day. They're both going into high school next year which is kind of exciting but depressing at the same time.

The day dragged on for two very long hours before we closed.

No comments: